The oldest part of the building complex was built around 1650. The chateau and adjacent buildings were then built during Napoleon's time, at the end of the 18th century, and completed in the early 19th century.
In 1961, the Domaine de Beaulieu became the property of the family. Our grandfather Franz, passionate farmer from the Münsterland, initiated at that time this unusual axe, which still exists today.
In the 1980s, our parents developed two vacation apartments in a former workers' wing of the farm. Around 2000, the farmhouse Saint Germain was added as a rental unit, until then the family's family doctor from Münster had lifelong right of use.
In addition to renting the apartments, the family is responsible for the farm (since 2020 purely organic) and the online cognac business www.cognac-expert.com. All activities contribute to the preservation of the historic building complex.
Since the 1960s, the Logis de Beaulieu has been a sought-after vacation spot to enjoy good food, local wine and cognac, nature and tranquility. The collage above is a 1989 guestbook entry with the slogan "If you want to escape mass tourism: The Solution."